Five time jiu-jitsu world champion Kyra Gracie has seen the interest level among athletes rise in MMA, triggering her to prepare for the next step in her career.
"I'm training right now," said Kyra on TATAME. "I added boxing to my training routine. I'm training with Claudio Coelho, but I always focus more in jiu-jitsu because that's where I come from. MMA growth makes me think about it more and more each day. I'm studying some propositions and checking with my coaches when would be the best moment to do it. But it doesn't slow things down."
Hailing from the famed Gracie family doesn't make Kyra want to jump quickly into the sport. Kyra realizes she's still a novice and isn't rushing into her first fight.
"I gotta take one step at a time," said Kyra. "I can't do it all at once and then break down. I'm a white belt at this sport."
- Rashad Evans Makes Peace With Jon Jones
- Kyra Gracie On Transitioning Into MMA
- Kyle Kingsbury Receives Minor Injuries In Motorcycle Accident
- Joe Warren Ask For One More Chance In Bellator's Bantamweight Division
- Tyson Nam Willing To Re-Sign With Bellator At The Right Price
- Frankie Edgar Has Been Training To Fight Champions His Entire Career
- Anderson Silva Wants To Compete In MMA Until He's 43 Years Old
- MMA Fighter Pleads Guilty To Murder
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline