An injury to Dan Miller forced him out of his bout with Sean Pierson has worked out for UFC matchmakers, as they moved the Kyle Noke vs. Charlie Brenneman from the cancelled UFC 151 card to the Sept. 22 UFC 152 card in Toronto. Officials are seeking a new opponent for Pierson.
UFC officials announced the newly placed matchup Thursday evening. With the cancellation of UFC 151 expect many more announcements over the next few days.
This will be Noke’s first bout in the welterweight division. After losing two in a row he decided to make the drop from 185lbs to 170lbs. He will look to nab his first win inside the octagon since his “Submission of the Night” victory at UFC 127.
Brenneman also looks to get into the win column after a devastating rear naked choke loss to Erik Silva at UFC on FX 3.
UFC 152 is set to go down on September 22 from the Air Canada Center in Toronto. The main event was expected to be a flyweight title fight between Joseph Benavidez vs. Demetrious Johnson, however with UFC 151 scrapped, the new main event is a light heavyweight title fight between Jon Jones and Lyoto Machida.
- Dana White announces UFC 151 CANCELLED
- UFC 146 brings us 2400lbs worth of fighters on the main card
- ONE FC 5: Pride of a Nation is set to thrill fans in Manilla with a stacked card of world-class fighters
- All Fighters Make Weight At UFC 134 Weigh-Ins
- UFC 152 fighters get ultimate adrenaline rush walking the edge at CN Tower
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Sucka.