Kyle Noke (19-6-1) says that Jon Jones (16-1) personally called him and understands why he pulled out of the UFC 151 main event, causing the entire show to be cancelled. Noke was set to fight Charlie Brenneman (15-4) on the preliminary card that would air via Facebook.
"Jon called me and apologized for everything, but I told him I am behind [him] 100 percent and I understand the decision," said Noke. Obviously nobody's happy about the fight being cancelled."
While disappointed, Noke sees why he didn't take the proposed fight against Chael Sonnen (27-12-1).
"It's a bad fight for Jon to take," said Noke. "Jon is the champ and I think it's [tough] for a champion to take a fight on eight days notice. "I think the challenger has everything to gain and the champ has everything to lose."
Noke sees this situation as win-win for Sonnen.
"If Chael ended up winning that fight, great - he's won the title," said Noke. "But if he loses everyone is still going to remember him for stepping up on late notice to fight the champ."
While Dana White also criticized Jones' manager Greg Jackson, Noke didn't agree.
"I just think everyone jumps on Greg's back too soon," said Noke. "They don't think about all the good stuff he does and when something good happens no one says anything, but as soon as something bad happens everyone's quick to blame Greg for it."
Noke vs. Brenneman has been moved to UFC 152.
- Bellator Featherweight Interim Championship Fight Being Discussed
- Vladmir Matyushenko Ready For UFC Return
- Chad Mendes To Be Charged For Involvement In Bar Fight
- Details On Bellator's Reality Show Revealed, Fights Planned
- Chael Sonnen Continues To Taunt Jon Jones, Says Jones Relinquished Title
- Ronda Rousey Thinks Cyborg Can Make The Weight Cut
- Jon Jones Takes Full Responsibility For UFC 151 Cancellation, Sends Message To Hendo
- Gilbert Melendez "Ready For War" Against Pat Healy
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.