Kurt Holobaugh will have plenty on his mind heading into his upcoming fight. Holobaugh plans to get married and later in the day compete on the Fight Force International (FFI) card.
"It's going to be a crazy week," said Holobaugh to MMA Fighting. "It was my wife's idea. Biloxi's a pretty city and she's a fan of the beach, so we're going to have a minister do a ceremony there. When we get home, we'll do a big reception and have family and team members down here. It should be good, it will be good to come home married and with a victory and celebrate."
In his 18 month career, Holobaugh has gone undefeated in all eight of his fights. He has ended seven of them with six submission wins. Five of his fights haven't gone past the first round.
Holobaugh sees himself on the cusp of greatness and thinks a few more similar wins could land him a spot on the UFC roster. While Holobaugh waits, he remains optimistic about his future.
"All I can do is stay focused and keep improving," said Holobaugh. "I truly do believe I'm only a few wins away from hooking up with the UFC. I know if I just keep at it and keep improving, my break is going to come one of these days."
Fight Force International returns tomorrow, October 27. The show takes place from the Biloxi Civic Center in Mississippi.
- Antonio Silva Down For Alistair Overeem Fight If It's On The Table
- Bellator 78 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Tourney Semifinals Official
- Female MMA Legend Possibly Preparing Her Retirement Fight
- Marius Zaromskis Would Use Bellator Winnings So His Wife Can Live Closer To Him
- WSOF On Target To Sellout Their First Show With 7,000 Fans
- Kurt Holobaugh Pulls Double Duty Getting Married, Fighting On The Same Day
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.