X-Gym leader Josuel Distak looks at Jon Jones (17-1) and thinks he knows the answer how to defeat the light heavyweight champion. The reason the answer hasn't been discovered yet, is because the champion has never been in placed in such a position.
"Actually, we have not seen Jon Jones on his back," said Distak to Sherdog. "Vitor [Belfort] got his arm; he had the opportunity. Actually Jones is unpredictable. To me the strategy to do a fight with him would involve finding out how he fights on his back."
Belfort was the most recent opposition to face Jones at UFC 152. Two minutes into the first round and Belfort locked in an armbar. Jones escaped the hold and later won the fight.
Jon returns to the Octagon after he finishes taping the next season of The Ultimate Fighter. He takes on Chael Sonnen (27-12-1) in April when the season concludes. If Jones wins, he ties the record for most title defenses in the light heavyweight division with five.
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Official For UFC 156
- Fuel TV To Present "Training Day: The Blackzilians" On Wednesday
- Former WEC Announcer Joe Martinez To Handle UFC On FX 6 Duties
- New Bellator Rule Introduced For Championship Fights
- Two Championships To Be Decided At BAMMA 11
- Luke Rockhold Confirms Hand Injury, Shoots On Lorenz Larkin
- WSOF Pays Pulled Fighter Fabio Mello
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.