Ryan Bader's base for MMA comes from wrestling, as "Darth" was a successful athlete in college on the mat. Now, with a key bout against former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson set for this Saturday night at UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson, the former Ultimate Fighter winner plans to return to his roots.
"I'm going to be smart about it. I'm not just going to go out there and trade punches with 'Rampage,'" Bader said. "I'm going to use some wrestling, I'm going to use some kicks, and I'm going to use my boxing."
For Jackson, he is also looking to get back on track in his second home, as "Rampage" was stopped by Jones last year via submission in a bout for the title.
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Episode
- Fight Roundup: Grant-Prater For "UFC On FUEL TV 3," Kingsbury-Teixeira At "UFC 146"
- Bristol Marunde Will Meet Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza At "Strikeforce: Tate Vs. Rousey"
- Strikeforce Looking At May 19 For Next Event
- Video: "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Pre-Fight Press Conference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.