Former UFC contender Kenny Florian has trained with UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre on a number of instances. As GSP prepares to return to action this Saturday night at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit, Florian offered up his take on the main event.
"This is going to be a great fight," said Florian, on UFC Tonight recently. "Carlos Condit loves to go forward. He is a true finisher. (GSP) is a guy who is going to go down as one of the greatest of all-time.
"No one has been able to solve the puzzle of GSP at 170 pounds, and I think we are going to see a better Georges St-Pierre this time around."
Florian also tabbed Martin Kampmann to get past Johny Hendricks in the co-main event, adding, "he is a survive and too well-rounded." That match could determine the next contender to the welterweight title.
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Targeted For UFC 156
- Pair Of UFC Events Receive Venues
- Tom DeBlass Retires From MMA Following Recent Loss
- Jessica Eye's Plan To Defeat Zoila Gurgel And "Be Considered A Champion"
- Bellator Swaps Upcoming Tournament Final Dates
- Vinicius Queiroz's Manager Blames Referee Call Over Recent Loss
- Nike Contract Confirmed For UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.