If you've been following along with Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal's trials and tribulations, you know that he's currently suspended and no longer fighting for Zuffa. All of this after nearly losing his leg and his life due to a persistent staph infection.
Not exactly a turn of good fortune, but he's got Kenny Florian's balanced perspective on his side, at least. Florian spoke with FightHubTV recently and gave his opinion on King Mo's situation, voicing empathy for the light heavyweight and asserting that his collective punishment was too severe.
It's really unfortunate. Especially for a guy like King Mo, who I really like as a person. And, I think his talent, you can't call that into question. The guy is a tremendous talent, a tremendous fighter. Sometimes we're all gonna be victims of our own emotions and I think that was a case with King Mo. I think he definitely regrets what he said. I thought the penalty was extremely harsh as well. And I think anytime you get someone who questions you, is supposed to be in a position of authority, and kinda says something like that to you, says, 'Do you speak English?' or something like that -- listen, anybody, I don't care who you are and where you're from, that's gonna leave a bad taste in your mouth. I think there's nice ways to say things on both sides. I think King Mo definitely has learned from this. And, really, a guy who's that talented needs to be fighting in the UFC. I think he's sorry for what he said and I hope to see him, if not in Strikeforce, then hopefully in the UFC as soon as possible.
Check out the video below
- Video: Dramatic Come-From-Behind Win At Australian MMA Event
- BJ Penn And Jens Pulver Predict UFC 145 Winner
- UFC On FUEL TV 2 Medical Suspensions
- Roland Delorme In For Injured Johnny Bedford At UFC On FOX 3
- Chael Sonnen Comes To Alistair Overeem's Defense
- Shinya Aoki Has No Regrets About Breaking Bones, Set To Meet Eddie Alvarez Friday Night
- Recently Released Alexis Vila Targets Spot In UFC's Flyweight Division
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 145" Complete Episode
- Video: Rashad Evans Interview
- Chuck Liddell Calls Jones-Evans Odds "Ridiculous"
- "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Drug Test Results
- Overeem's Team Has Explanation For Test. Ratio, But It's Not TRT
- "UFC On FUEL TV 2: Gustafsson Vs. Silva" Ratings
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.