While at the mall, Shamrock noticed two women fighting and tried to break the fight up. It has been alleged that a female bystander jumped on his back, so he took the bystander to the ground.
Someone from the crowd shouted that he attacked a girl and he immediately backed off.
Officers arrived to file a report that was sent to the District Attorney's Office.
TMZ spoke to law enforcement and said Shamrock likely won't be prosecuted because he was attacking in self-defense.
A representative for Shamrock said, "Outside the ring, Ken is not a violent man ... and was only trying to do the right thing."
- Ken Shamrock Accused Of Assaulting A Woman
- Joe Rogan Feels The Older The Fighter The Better
- Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot, Jon Jones Gets New Opponent For UFC 152
- Jon Jones Finally Makes His First Public Statements Since UFC 151 Cancellation
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Draws Over 3,500
- Joe Lauzon Does His Best To Sum Up The Entire Jon Jones-UFC 151 Drama
- Lightweights Shane Roller-Jacob Volkmann, Michael Johnson-Danny Castillo Moved To October
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.