K-1 kickboxing competitions will begin airing live on Spike.com beginning this September with the U.S. World Grand Prix Championships. In 2013, K-1 will jump to Spike TV alongside Bellator Fighting Championships, according to a recent press release.
In total, four events will be streamed lived this year. Along with the first event on September 8, the World Grand Prix Final (October 14), MAX Final (December 8) and World Grand Prix Final (December 26) will all be streamed live.
"We are thrilled to be in business with the world's preeminent kickboxing organization," said Spike TV Senior Vice President Jon Slusser. "Spike has the most passionate and knowledgeable fans of combat sports and we are confident that they will enjoy the high-action of K-1, which serves as the perfect complement to our Bellator coverage next year."
Beginning in January 2013, K-1 and Bellator will take up spots on the Spike TV programming lineup. Bellator will be seen weekly on the network.
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.