Justin Lawrence was pegged as an early favorite to win the recent season of The Ultimate Fighter. Instead, he'll have to settle for putting together a highlight-reel moment.
Lawrence delivered a head-kick knockout against John Cofer after an entertaining two rounds of action, scoring a win in the third at The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale.
"I'm here in the UFC and I'm here to stay," Lawrence said.
Lawrence was defeated by Michael Chiesa, who will compete for the TUF against Al Iaquinta. The 22-year-old Lawrence is now a perfect 3-0 in his career.
The kick caught Cofer square on the chin, knocking him out cold. Lawrence, who trains with Blackhouse MMA, earned his first career KO victory.
- UFC Veteran Jay Hieron Discusses His Role In Martin Kampmann’s Training Camp
- TUF Winner Michael Chiesa Discusses Winning Tournament, Future Plans
- Martin Kampmann Wants Title Shot Or Johny Hendricks Next
- Pros Pick Forrest Griffin Vs. Tito Ortiz 3
- Scott Coker Says Rousey-Cyborg Is Inevitable
- Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker Didn’t Foresee Daniel Cormier’s Ascension
- Blagoi Ivanov Released From Hospital
- Jon Fitch Out Of Planned Bout With Aaron Simpson
- "TUF: The Smashes" Will Feature Welterweights, Lightweights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.