Refuting earlier reports that had UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos making his next title defense at UFC 152 this September, the Brazilian fighter's manager Yuri Carlton recently told Tatame that his client's opponent, Cain Velasquez, is injured and won't be ready by the time UFC 152 rolls around.
"The fight is with Velasquez, but there's no definite date," said Carlton. "It was speculated for September, but it is unrealistic. Velasquez is also with a broken hand, it's not resolved. I think the UFC will wait a little longer."
Velasquez and dos Santos both appeared in action most recently at UFC 146 in late May, where JDS knocked out Frank Mir to retain his belt and Velasquez earned a TKO over Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva to rebound from his first professional loss -- which was handed to him by none other than dos Santos at UFC on Fox 1 last November.
When the two initially met (both men had injured knees), dos Santos did what he does best and knocked Velasquez out quickly to win the UFC title and erase the zero from Velasquez's loss column. No word yet as to when the two will be meeting up for the rematch.
- Chael Sonnen Will Find A Way To Win Against Silva
- Video: Anderson Silva Channels Inner Michael Jackson For Rolling Stone Cover
- Tito Ortiz Pegs Jon Jones As The Man To Break His Title Run Record
- Dos Santos' Manager Says UFC 152 Too Early For Velasquez Rematch
- Jason Miller Critiques Chael Sonnen's Promos
- Benson Henderson Eying Anderson Silva's Record
- Dana White Still Wants To See Frankie Edgar At 145 Lbs.
- Forrest Griffin Says He'll Retire "From Life" If He Loses To Tito Ortiz
- Video: "UFC 150" Kickoff Press Conference
- Mike Pierce Has Recent Win Changed To Unanimous Decision
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.