One of the biggest heavyweight fights of all time is set for UFC 146 on May 11, as UFC champion Junior dos Santos defends his belt against Alistair Overeem. The card will go down from Las Vegas, Nevada.
As expected, the UFC will roll out its special UFC Primetime in three parts to help promote the fight. The first show will be broadcast on May 11 on FX, with replays airing on FUEL TV. The second show is set for May 18, and the third on May 25.
Dos Santos (14-1) has been out of action since taking the belt from Cain Velasquez last year. "Cigano" had to have knee surgery as he suffered ligament damage in training for the Velasquez bout. Dos Santos is a perfect 8-0 in the UFC.
Overeem (36-11) made his UFC debut with a first round knockout of former champ Brock Lesnar, scoring the position of No. 1 contender. "The Reem" is a former champion in Strikeforce, K-1 and DREAM.
- Mirko "CroCop" Finishes Career With Victory Over Ray Sefo
- Wyoming Passes Bill Making MMA Legal
- Daniel Cormier Knows His Future Is In The UFC
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Wants Out Of The UFC
- Bob Sapp Promises All Action At SFL 1, Not Another Poor Performance
- Sean Sherk Planning Return To UFC Before End Of Year
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.