Junior dos Santos (15-1) spent much of his Christmas continuing to train for his heavyweight title fight. Santos fought around the holiday in 2010, so he's no stranger to competing while those around him celebrate.
"I will spend Christmas focused," said Santos to Na Gradeo MMA recently. "This already happened before and I've previously fought on holiday periods. It's no problem. This is the moment to keep the focus and really think of how this fight will go. The preparation has been ongoing very well and I will get well prepared in the day of the fight."
At UFC 108, Santos continued his perfect UFC record when he defeated Gilbert Yvel (38-16-1-1 NC). Now Santos is a perfect 9-0 since joining the UFC in late 2008. Seven of those fights he stopped and five were in the first round.
In a few days days Santos defends his championship against Cain Velasquez (10-1), who he defeated for the title at UFC on FOX 1. Santos needed less than two minutes to win the title.
Dos Santos recently mentioned on Twitter that he had trouble making it to Las Vegas from Brazil, letting it be known that he was not happy about the delay.
The rematch occurs December 29 out of the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. The two will headline UFC 155.
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.