UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos explained during a pre-fight press conference earlier this week that he had the best training came of his career. "Cigano" faces Cain Velasquez Saturday night at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.
With an undefeated UFC record, and seven stoppage victories to his credit, the thought that dos Santos is still improving is likely a scary one to the rest of the division.
"I think I did the best camp I ever did (for this fight)," dos Santos said. "Everything was good for me. I am feeling stronger, faster, more experienced. I think I'm better now."
Dos Santos finished Velasquez with a thunderous attack back in 2011, ending the first just 64 seconds after it started. He successfully toppled former UFC champion Frank Mir earlier this year, as well.
"I'm very well prepared," dos Santos said. "Cain Velasquez is very well prepared. The heavyweight division is dangerous. I think this fight is going to be longer (than the first one)."
- Video: Max Holloway's Blog For UFC 155, Day Two
- UFC 155 Weigh-In Results: Dos Santos, Velasquez Make It Official
- Anderson Silva Willing To Accept Bout With Michael Bisping, Close To Signing Extension
- Fabricio Werdum In Position To Secure UFC Title Shot With Win Over Minotauro Nogueira In 2013
- UFC 155 Predictions From FightLine.com Staff
- TUF: Mexico Next On The Agenda For UFC
- Mike Goldberg Off UFC 155, Replaced By Jon Anik
- Rose Namajunas Reflects On What Invicta FC Brings To MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.