UFC president Dana White made it known that UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos preferred to face Alistair Overeem next and not Cain Velasquez. Currently, Overeem is suspended until late in the year, while Velasquez has been viewed as the next contender.
No date has been made for a potential dos Santos-Velasquez rematch. Last year, "Cigano" won the title with a first round stoppage victory over Velasquez.
Well, after hearing some chatter about his basis, Dos Santos took to Twitter to clarify, posting, "I will fight whoever UFC puts in front of me. But when people talk to much I feel anxious to shut them up."
Overeem has stated in a number of interviews that he will win the belt from dos Santos when they square off. He is eligible to re-apply for his fight license this December.
- Dana White Details Rory MacDonald's Injury That Put Him Out Of BJ Penn Fight
- Prado Ready For Next Fight After Davis’ Poke To The Eye Stops His UFC Debut Early
- UFC President Feels MMA Qualifies As An Olympic Sport
- Dana White Talks The Possibility Of A One Handed Fighter Joining The UFC
- Dana White Ecstatic With All The Fights At UFC On FOX 4
- Rua Okay With No Championship Shot For His Next Fight
- Lauzon Avoids Varner’s Overhand Right To Secure Submission Victory
- The Dragon Is Back As Machida Earns Championship Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.