Junior dos Santos (15-1) is looking for the same outcome in his rematch against Cain Velasquez (10-1), a knockout victory.
"It's a good fight and everybody expects a war even because when it comes to conditioning and preparation Cain Velasquez is one to look up to," said dos Santos to TATAME. "I'm sure it's going to be a good fight for all MMA fans. I hope I get off there with the knockout again. That's my main goal when I fight: knock my opponent out."
Heading into the rematch dos Santos wants to show that his game plan has evolved since their first encounter in November 2011.
"I know more or less how he behaves inside the cage," said dos Santos. "Of course it's a different fight, so I hope to get more and more prepared for it. I feel like I'm still evolving. Each day that goes by I learn more and I was injured when I first fought Velasquez. Next time I'm sure both him and me are going to try to implement our game and I really wanna show I'm the number one among the heavyweight fighters."
Dos Santos defeated On Velasquez for the heavyweight championship in their first fight at UFC on FOX 1 via KO just over a minute in round one. It marked dos Santos' 11th victory to occur within the first round. Velasquez's only loss has come from the current champion. He last defeated Antonio Silva (16-4) to earn the rematch.
"What I can tell you is what I've been doing on my preparation," said dos Santos. "I guess he's trying to take me down anyway he can and, since I prefer to stand-up, I'll try to keep actions up and go for the knockout again. I'm very well prepared, training a lot of ground game too and who knows. If he takes me down maybe I can submit him. After all, I train jiu-jitsu a lot and, as a Brazilian, someday I'll submit someone."
Dos Santos vs. Velasquez is set for UFC 155.
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.