UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos appears likely to be joining the roster of Nike, according to a report by UFC Tonight. Dos Santos will meet Cain Velasquez later this year at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.
Currently, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones have contracts with the clothing juggernaut. "Cigano" was wearing a Nike shirt during an interview with the UFC show recently.
The 28-year-old Brazilian recently had his contract with Pretorian expire, allowing him to sign with Nike. Dos Santos defeated Frank Mir earlier this year in his first title defense.
- Michael Bisping Anxious To Return To Action As Soon As Possible
- Junior Dos Santos The Next To Join Nike's Roster
- Dan Henderson Not Happy With Jon Jones-Chael Sonnen Booking
- Stephan Bonnar Thanks UFC Fans For A Wonderful Career
- UFC Confirms Michael Johnson-Myles Jury For UFC 155
- Bellator 82 To Feature Welterweight Final Between Lyman Good, Andrey Koreshkov
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.