UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones remain atop their respective divisions. Jones defeated Rashad Evans Saturday night at UFC 145, while dos Santos will meet Frank Mir on May 26 at UFC 146.
Many feel a future match between dos Santos and Jones could be on the horizon, as "Bones" has said several times his future is in the heavyweight division. "Cigano" is still very young, and has yet to be tested in the UFC.
Following Jones' victory over Evans, dos Santos offered up some strong words for Jones via Twitter, saying, "Well guys about the UFC 145 main event I just think Jon Jones has once again proven his supremacy in this division."
Will we see a future Jones-dos Santos match? It seems very like that could be a potential exciting match between two excellent strikers.
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Possible For UFC 149
- Overeem Denied License, Suspended 9 Months
- Video: Special UFC Press Conference From Brazil Discussing Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen
- Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen Now Main Event Of "UFC 148"
- Unbeaten Prospects Stipe Miocic, Shane Del Rosario To Meet At "UFC 146"
- Roy Nelson Gets Gabriel Gonzaga For Heavyweight Battle At UFC 146
- Video: Bob Sapp Goes Down Again
- Dos Santos Heavy Favorite Over Mir At UFC 146
- UFC 147 Special Announcement Presser Tomorrow
- Silva-Sonnen Rematch May Not Be In Brazil, Announcement Shortly
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Primetime And TUF: Live Episode 7
- "Bellator 66: Aoki Vs. Alvarez" Fighter Salaries
- Video: Wanderlei Silva UFC 147 Video Blog
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Medical Suspensions
- OAC Hands Down Punishment To Andreas Spang For Post-Bellator 66 Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.