On where the current champ prefers the fight to take place:
"I prefer to fight standing because I believe in my hands, and I think I can knock anyone out… I'm getting good results with that strategy, so I will keep doing that."
Dos Santos's thoughts on his opponent, Mir, as well as how he envisions the fight going:
"He [Mir] has pretty good stand up skills… I think we're going to have a standup fight at the beginning, but as soon as he feels the power of my hands, how my hands are heavy, he's going to try to take me down… I train a lot of jiu jitsu and wresting… I'm an MMA fighter and if the fight goes to the ground, then we're going to fight on the ground."
Finally, the Brazilian heavyweight's opinion on the location of the fight and his message for the fans:
"Las Vegas is his [Mir's] hometown, but I think I've got a lot of fans down there too. [It's going to be] a good fight for the fans."
"I know MMA fans are different. All of them want to see a good fight. They don't care about who is going to win, but they want to see a good fight. I think this fight is going to be very good for them. I will give my best to put on a good show."
The full interview is below:
- "Bellator 70" Official With Weigh-Ins Complete
- No Current Plans To Try Olympic Boxing, Says Junior Dos Santos
- Roy Nelson Not Concerned With Win-Loss Record, Just Having Fun
- Final Numbers Official For "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier" Attendance
- Heavyweight Champ Junior Dos Santos: “I Can Knock Anyone Out.”
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Pre-Fight Press Conference Notes
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir"
- Quick Shots: Bellator 70 Tomorrow, UFC 147 & UFC On Fuel Tix On Sale Today, Couture's New Movie
- Live Video Of The UFC 146 Pre-Fight Press Conference Today At 2 PM ET
- Alex Caceres To Return At "UFC On FUEL TV 4" Vs. Damacio Page
- Breaking An Arm Not On Frank Mir's Mind Ahead Of "UFC 146"
- Jason “Mayhem” Miller: “I Am Looking Past CB Dollaway!”
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.