A relaxed Junior dos Santos put his Nike sponsorship on full-display Thursday during a pre-fight press conference for UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez.
"Cigano" will meet ex-champ Cain Velasquez on Saturday night in the main event with the UFC heavyweight title on the line. Earlier this year, dos Santos joined UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones as Nike-sponsored MMA fighters.
"I am enjoying it a lot," said dos Santos, who wore a Nike shirt to the press event. "It is an honor to represent them. I think it's very good for me and I want to make them proud of the decision to sponsor me."
Dos Santos added that it is also an honor to be with Silva and Jones "representing Nike." The Brazilian earned a victory over Frank Mir in his first title defense since winning the belt from Velasquez in late 2011.
- Dana White On When Gilbert Melendez May Get A Lightweight Championship Shot
- Alistair Overeem Submits Application For Licensing
- UFC Makes Bobby Green-Jacob Volkmann Official For UFC 156
- Junior Dos Santos Enjoys Being Sponsored By Nike
- Cain Velasquez Looking To Follow In Footsteps Of Juan Manuel Marquez
- Cage Warriors 51 Lineup Changed Due To Injuries
- Daniel Cormier Inks UFC Deal Ahead Of Final Strikeforce Fight
- Michael Kuiper-Buddy Roberts Added To UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.