Junior dos Santos waved his finger in front of Frank Mir after Mir tried a takedown early in the first round. From there, it was all "Cigano," as the UFC heavyweight champion defeated Mir in the main event of UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir Saturday night.
Dos Santos avenged the loss of his friend and mentor, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, dropping the former UFC heavyweight champion several times with his boxing power. Mir owns two wins over Nogueira.
"Frank Mir is a really good fighter, but I don't care about that. I come here to defend my belt and I did," dos Santos said. "This feels amazing; not bad for a nice guy."
Dos Santos looked to have the bout over late in the first, as JDS connected and Mir wobbled towards the Octagon. The former two-time champ, however, remained upright and the round came to an end.
"He's the champ," Mir said. "He's fast. I couldn't get out of the way. He hit me hard (and the shots) built up. I couldn't do nothing about it. He is a very dangerous guy."
Dos Santos improves to 15-1 in his career, including 11 stoppage victories. Mir falls to 16-6 and has his three-fight win streak snapped.
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Fight Night Bonuses
- UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Frank Mir No Match For Junior Dos Santos And His Boxing
- Statement Made By Cain Velasquez With Stoppage Of Antonio Silva
- UFC 146: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio Silva
- Roy Nelson Drops Dave Herman With One Punch KO
- UFC 146: Roy Nelson Vs. Dave Herman
- Stipe Miocic Remains Undefeated, Deals Shane Del Rosario His First Career Loss In Process
- UFC 146: Stipe Miocic Vs. Shane Del Rosario
- Stefan Struve Puts His Submission Skills On Display Again Vs. Lavar Johnson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.