The Christmas rush affected Junior dos Santos (15-1) as he tried to make his way from Brazil to the U.S. through United Airlines. The heavyweight champion was stuck for several hours and took to Twitter to express his dissatisfaction.
Santos eventually made it to the U.S. but wasn't pleased about the ordeal the airlines made him go through. In less than a week, Santos has his highly publicized rematch with Cain Velasquez (10-1).
Below are the tweets that Santos sent out as he tried to make the commute between countries.
We spend 6 hours flying from Salvador to São Paulo normally this fight takes 2 hours. The airline company lie to us saying the airport was
It's so desrespectiful. Now I lost my fight to Vegas and having a lot of other problems it's very frustrating
And Saturday a have a world title fight it's so important to me and to all my team for our life. This is how we are treat here
I just post a picture of Thiago Mendes who help me a lot here to reschedule my flight to Vegas. I'm really thankful about it Thanks Thiago
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.