With over 70 combined fights between the two of them, both Josh Neer and Mike Pyle are certainly veterans of the sport of Mixed Martial Arts.
However, when the two welterweights square off this Friday on the main card of UFC on FX: Johnson vs. McCall, the man whose nickname, "The Dentist," derives from his stand-up skills, Neer, predicts he will have the edge over his opponent if the fight stays on the feet.
"I feel like my advantage is definitely on the feet. He seems a little bit uncomfortable on the feet. He's good on the ground, decent on the feet, but I definitely feel like I have the striking advantage."
Although "The Dentist" is feeling confident heading into the fight with Pyle, he is also cognizant of the Xtreme Couture fighter's experience and status as a well-rounded mixed martial artist.
"Mike's a veteran. I think he's pretty good at everything, but that's what I am, so I think it's going to be a good fight."
While Pyle looks to string together a pair of wins this weekend, Neer will be looking for his seventh straight victory, and to extend his so far perfect 2-0 streak in his most recent UFC stint this Friday, June 8, with main card action beginning on FX at 9 PM EST.
- Ronda Rousey's First Title Defense To Take Place August 18
- Dana White Confirms Anderson Silva Still A Go For Chael Sonnen Fight
- UFC Middleweight Aids Two Victims In Swarm Attack
- BJ Penn Talks Reason For Taking Rory MacDonald Fight
- Jorge Masvidal Vs. Justin Wilcox, Ryan Couture Vs. Joe Duarte Added To July Strikeforce Card
- Jared Papazian Promises To "Come To Fight" Dustin Pague Tomorrow Night
- Gilbert Melendez Content With Strikeforce/Showtime
- Demetrious Johnson “Glad” To Get Rematch With Ian McCall
- Randy Couture No Proponent For TRT