Josh Ferguson, who was defeated in the quarterfinals of The Ultimate Fighter 14, was released from the UFC recently. Ferguson went 0-2 inside the Octagon, falling to Roland Delorme and Chris Cariaso.
"Just been informed of my release from the UFC," Ferguson posted on Twitter. "I'd like to thank (Dana White, Sean Shelby) and the UFC for the opportunity to fight for the best organization in the world! I'm only 24 y'all. I'm about to work my (expletive) off and get back. No worries, y'all will see me again soon!!!"
Ferguson holds an overall career record of 8-5, but is just 1-4 in his last five. He mentioned on Twitter that he would like to fight again in October.
- UFC Gearing Up For Japan-Based Series Of Events In 2013
- Jon Jones Asks Rashad Evans If He Is Becoming A "Brother" To Vitor Belfort
- Anderson Silva Admits He Didn't Finish Thales Leites Because "He's A Friend"
- Amanda Nunes-Cat Zingano Added To Strikeforce Event In September
- "Countdown To UFC 152" Debuts September 18
- TUF Vet Josh Ferguson Released From UFC
- Update On King Mo's Knee Injury, Timetable For Return
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.