It appears that Josh Barnett and Daniel Cormier will each have one more fight in Strikeforce. While Cormier's was expected after winning the recent grand prix, USA Today is reporting that Barnett also has a fight left on his current deal to compete in Strikeforce.
When Zuffa purchased Strikeforce last year, they worked out several deals to bring talent into the UFC. Some fighters, however, had specific contracts with Showtime for fights, and it appears Showtime will exercise their option to have Barnett appear once more.
No plans are currently known for who Barnett or Cormier will fight, or when they will fight again, as both are likely to undergo surgery on broken hands. It also remains a mystery when they will come to the UFC, if they will at all.
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
- Cesar Gracie Speaks Out On NSAC's Suspension Of Nick Diaz
- Welterweight Hendricks “Would Love To Wait” For GSP
- Carwin "Positive" He Will Be Medically Cleared To Fight
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Paul Taylor Out, Rafael Dos Anjos In To Face Anthony Njokuani At "UFC On FUEL 4"
- Anderson Silva Plans To Remain At Middleweight, Leave 205 To Training Partners
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.