Josh Barnett (31-6) is anxious for another fight, so he can avenge his loss from earlier this year.
With one fight left on his Strikeforce contract Barnett isn't certain that his next fight will happen under that company's name, but feels it is likely.
"I just want it," said Barnett. "I don't care where it happens, but I would absolutely assume it would be in Strikeforce."
Barnett looks to fight before the end of 2012 and knows there are plenty of potential candidates out there.
"I want to fight before the end of the year," said Barnett. "There's always someone who needs an a** beating."
Barnett's five year winning streak was snapped in May when Daniel Cormier (10-0) defeated him at the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Final.
- Tito Ortiz Launches Sports Management Agency
- Wagner Prado Cleared, Hopes For Quick Rematch With Phil Davis
- Jose Aldo Says He Will "Shut Off" Frankie Edgar If They Meet
- Mark Bocek-Rafael Dos Anjos Set For UFC 154
- Randy Couture Helps The Expendables 2 Bring In Nearly $29 Million
- Liz Carmouche Offers Up Her Services To Face Ronda Rousey
- Joe Lauzon-Gray Maynard Added To Year-End UFC 155 Card
- Former NFL Player Turned MMA Fighter Herschel Walker On The Competition Difference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.