Former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett will return to the Strikeforce cage in January, as MMAjunkie.com is reporting "The Warmaster" will face Nador Guelmino. The two will collide at Strikeforce: Champions on January 12 from Oklahoma City.
In recent days, a pair of championship fights have been removed from the card, which is rumored to be the final one for Strikeforce. The main event now features Nate Marquardt defending his Strikeforce welterweight title against Tarec Saffiedine.
Barnett (31-6) was stopped by Daniel Cormier earlier this year in the finals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix. The loss snapped a six-year winning streak for Barnett.
Guelmino (11-3-1) is a bit of an unknown, competing mostly on the regional circuit. He owns a seven-fight win streak, and has six submission victories to his credit.
- Lavar Johnson Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 5 Fight With Brendan Schaub
- Bellator 82 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Finals Made Official
- UFC "Road To The Octagon" Debuts This Sunday
- Ronaldo Souza-Lorenz Larkin Booked For Strikeforce: Champions
- Frank Shamrock: Bas Rutten Put Me On The Map
- Next ONE FC Event Announced
- Heather Clark Ready For The Big Leagues
- Chris Weidman Updates Status Post-Surgery
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.