Even though Joseph Benavidez (16-2) takes on Demetrious Johnson (15-2-1) for the first ever flyweight championship, it wouldn't happen in the main event slot. For Benavidez that's fine, as it's all about the championship and not where he fights on the card.
"When I started this sport, my dream and my goal was to be the UFC champion, said Benavidez on MMA Weekly Radio. "It wasn't to be a UFC main eventer. You don't go write your goals down and go, I want to be the main event."
Benavidez vs. Johnson will be the co-main event of UFC 152.
"For me, I only look at it as a positive," said Benavidez. "There's really no negative that comes out of it."
- Shane Carwin On Roy Nelson "He Puts On A Front"
- Marcus Brimage On Training With American Top Team In Preparation Of UFC 152
- Verbal Attacks Have No Affect On Brian Stann
- Despite Recent Surgery, Chris Weidman Still Plans On Facing Tim Boetsch
- Stephan Bonnar Calls Fighting Anderson Silva In Brazil A "Dream Fight"
- Time Off Allowed Joseph Benavidez To Improve As A Fighter
- Rashad Evans' TUF Performance Pushed Demetrious Johnson Into MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline