With the inaugural flyweight champion being crowned at UFC 152, Joseph Benavidez (16-2) has is plan figured out when he takes on Demetrious Johnson (15-2-1).
"I love the fact that I'm getting to fight Demetrious Johnson," said Benavidez on UFC's YouTube channel. "We're the two best guys in the world. I've always been impressed with him as a fighter and looked at him as an awesome fight."
Benavidez plans to keep Johnson on the defense the entire time.
"I know where I'm better than him and where he has the advantages," said Benavidez. "He's a speedy, active fighter. As far as power goes, you got to respect it. That's something I'm not worried about. I'm going into the fight that I'm the powerful striker and he's going to be on the defense."
By being relentless and using his power, Benavidez thinks it will bring him the gold.
"I'd love to test his chin out," said Benavidez. "The goal is to hurt him with every punch I throw. I'm going to be going the whole time and when you put pressure on him, that's when he seems to break. Thankfully, that's what I'm good at."
Benavidez vs. Johnson takes place in the co-main event of UFC 152 on September 22.
- Video: Weigh-Ins For ONE FC 5: Pride Of A Nation
- Anderson Silva: "A Lot Of People Thought I Was Gay" Growing Up
- Official Numbers Come In For UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II
- TUF Winner Michael Chiesa Returns To Action Vs. Rafaello Oliveira This December
- Joseph Benavidez Plans To Exploit Demetrious Johnson’s Weak Spot
- Thales Leites Responds To Anderson Silva's Recent Remarks
- Eddie Yagin-Dennis Siver Finds Home At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.