Michael Bisping caused a bit of an uproar recently when he made some comments downgrading the UFC's flyweight division. Bisping claimed that his fight at UFC 152: Benavidez vs. Johnson with Brian Stann was the true main event, not Joseph Benavidez vs. Demetrious Johnson for the UFC flyweight title.
Well, on Tuesday, Benavidez was given a chance to respond to the comments by "The Count" during a pre-fight press conference. The card takes place September 22 from Toronto.
"It's Michael Bisping. Everybody pretty much expects something ridiculous to come out of his mouth," Benavidez said. "That's pretty much what he does."
Bisping fired back, saying, "When you were a glint in your dad's eye, I was kicking (expletive) in the UFC." Benavidez, not to be out-done, quickly replied, "And probably saying ridiculous things, also."
This will be the first time the flyweights have received the main event billing for a pay-per-view, as the division crowns a champion for the first time, as well.
- Alan Belcher Accepts Vitor Belfort's Challenge
- Michael Bisping Happy To Be Fighting Brian Stann On Neutral Territory
- Rory MacDonald "Excited" To Be Fighting In Canada Again
- Joseph Benavidez Not Amused By Michael Bisping's Comments
- Dominick Cruz Wants To Fight Soon, But Leaving That In Hands Of Professionals
- UFC 152 Receives Welterweights Seth Baczynski, Simeon Thoresen
- Jacob Volkmann-Shane Roller Added To UFC 151
- Chael Sonnen Tries To "Encourage" Urijah Faber
- Rory MacDonald Planning To Hurt BJ Penn
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline