Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson were scheduled to be the main event for UFC 152. However, after all that went down with the cancellation of UFC 151, the two flyweight finalist moved to the co-main event slot. UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort will take place September 22 from Toronto.
For Benavidez and Johnson, the addition of Jon Jones and Vitor Belfort will only bring more attention to the UFC's newest division. The winner of Benavidez-Johnson will become the first UFC flyweight champion.
"I have worked for my entire career to become a champion," Benavidez said. "To get to be the UFC champion, the first UFC flyweight champion, that would be the cherry on top."
Johnson avoided missing out on several weeks of training after being misdiagnosed. He added that he "can't wait to get in there and mix it with Joseph. We are going to make history, we are going to deliver."
- Lyoto Machida Tweets Out A "Big Surprise" Is In The Future; Wanderlei Silva Hints At UFC 153 Fight
- Fabio Maldonado Wants To Face Glover Teixeira In Brazil, Teixeira Willing To Face Anyone
- UFC Confirms TUF: India, Show To Begin In 2013
- Jose Aldo "Very Sad" For Having To Pull Out Of UFC 153
- Frankie Edgar Willing To Fight Whenever The UFC Wants Him To
- If Asked, Urijah Faber All For Facing Frankie Edgar
- Joe Lauzon Proves He Asked For Gray Maynard First
- Roger Hollett Back In To Face Matt Hamill At UFC 152
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline