UFC 153: Aldo vs. Edgar takes place October 13 from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The Aldo-Edgar bout is the main event.
Edgar (14-3-1) recently decided to move down to featherweight after consecutive losses to UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson.
Aldo (21-1) has been on the sidelines due to a minor injury that forced him to postpone a previously planned meeting with Koch (13-1). A timetable for Koch's return is unknown at this time.
"We've had a rough couple of weeks here at the UFC, and then sure enough, I walk in to work (Thursday), and Erik Koch is hurt," UFC president Dana White told USA Today. "But Frankie Edgar, being the stud and the warrior that he is, steps up and accepts this fight."
- Video: Weigh-Ins For ONE FC 5: Pride Of A Nation
- Anderson Silva: "A Lot Of People Thought I Was Gay" Growing Up
- Official Numbers Come In For UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II
- TUF Winner Michael Chiesa Returns To Action Vs. Rafaello Oliveira This December
- Joseph Benavidez Plans To Exploit Demetrious Johnson’s Weak Spot
- Thales Leites Responds To Anderson Silva's Recent Remarks
- Eddie Yagin-Dennis Siver Finds Home At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.