UFC 156 will go down February 2 from Las Vegas. It will mark the UFC's annual Super Bowl weekend event. No venue has been determined for the fight.
Aldo (21-1) has had a pair of title fights cancelled due to injury since knocking out Chad Mendes this past January in Brazil. "Scarface" was expected to meet Erik Koch earlier this year, and had also signed to face Edgar. Injuries ended both fights before they were able to take place.
Edgar (14-3-1) decided to move down to 145 pounds after being defeated by Benson Henderson in his quest to win back to the UFC lightweight title. He is a former UFC lightweight champion.
Initial reports had Aldo-Edgar happening in January at an event in Brazil. That card is now expected to be a non-PPV event.
- Kenny Florian: Frankie Edgar Has A Chance Vs. Jose Aldo
- Alistair Overeem An Undeserving Challenger, Says Junior Dos Santos
- Dana White Guarantees Anderson Silva-Jon Jones Will Happen
- Jon Jones Brings In Frank Mir As Part Of TUF Coaching Staff
- Another Change To UFC 154 Fight Card Results In John Maguire-Matt Riddle
- Chris Weidman Confirms He Is Safe, House Hit Hard By Storm
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.