UFC 153 takes place October 13 from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The two were set to face each other this coming Saturday at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao, but Aldo pulled out with an injury.
Aldo competed in his native country earlier this year, knocking out Chad Mendes as the first round came to an end. A minor thigh injury caused the postponement. Koch has also been on the sidelines, as he has not fought in over a year.
Also, the UFC announced Cristiano Marcello will take on Reza Madadi at lightweight. That fight joins an announced light heavyweight bout between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Glover Teixeira.
- Evan Dunham Vs. TJ Grant At UFC 152
- Bellator 72 Weigh-In Results: All Fighters Hit The Mark
- Ian McCall Headed To UFC On FOX 4 Vs. John Moraga
- November Still A Go For Georges St-Pierre's Return
- UFC Targets Cung Le Vs. Rich Franklin For China
- Cheick Kongo Doesn't Want To Be A "Gatekeeper" In UFC
- Brian Ebersole Offers Up His Tickets For UFC 149
- UFC Middleweight Division Full Of Contenders For Anderson Silva
- Video: UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao Pre-Fight Press Conference
- UFC Makes Jose Aldo-Erik Koch Official For UFC 153
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.