Well, Jose Aldo shouldn't put away all his winter clothes just yet, as the UFC featherweight champion is headed for Canada after all. Despite UFC president Dana White thinking that Aldo could be the main event of UFC 147 in Brazil, "Scarface" will remain on the UFC 149 card for July 21 from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Aldo's opponent will be Erik Koch, according to a report by MMAjunkie.com. Verbal bout agreements are expected to be finalized very soon.
Koch has been the likely opponent for Aldo, as the majority of the rest of the UFC's featherweight division is either in matches or declined to face the champion. Koch (13-1) has won both is UFC fights.
Earlier this week, while at a press conference in Brazil to announce a switch in venues for the Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen rematch, White mentioned Aldo as a possible main event fighter for the Brazilian show. However, it appears Aldo's camp didn't want to rush his next title defense, as that card is set for late June.
- It’s Miller Time: Jim Miller Prepares For A Battle At UFC On Fox 3
- Nate Diaz Ready To Cement Himself As Top Lightweight
- Hector Lombard Draws Brian Stann In UFC Debut
- Brendan Schaub Gets Twitter Love From Tebow Despite KO
- Urijah Faber Writes Book: "Laws Of The Ring"
- Video: Fedor Emelianenko On UFC Future, "We'll See"
- Marloes Coenen Calls Out Ronda Rousey
- Dana White Promises Changes On Upcoming Seasons Of The Ultimate Fighter
- "Invicta FC 1" Results: Marloes Coenen Secures Main Event Victory
- Yushin Okami Vs. Luiz Cane On For UFC 150
- Video: Josh Barnett, "I Am A Fighter"
- Wanderlei Silva Prods "A** Face" Chael Sonnen
- Jon Jones Considerable Favorite Over Dan Henderson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.