When it rains, it pours for the UFC. UFC president Dana White announced on Twitter Tuesday that UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson are both off the UFC 153: Aldo vs. Edgar card with injuries.
"Main and co-main in the same day!!" White posted. "Another amazing day at the UFC. We have some work to do."
Aldo was set to face Frankie Edgar in the main event from the October card in Brazil. Jackson was believed to be making his final UFC appearance against Glover Teixeira on the night, but that appears to be on the shelf, as well.
"Scarface" was involved in a motorcycle accident recently. It was reported at the time that Aldo escaped with just minor injuries, but there was mention of a swollen foot suffered.
Replacement fighters or fights have yet to be announced by the UFC.
- Lyoto Machida Tweets Out A "Big Surprise" Is In The Future; Wanderlei Silva Hints At UFC 153 Fight
- Fabio Maldonado Wants To Face Glover Teixeira In Brazil, Teixeira Willing To Face Anyone
- UFC Confirms TUF: India, Show To Begin In 2013
- Jose Aldo "Very Sad" For Having To Pull Out Of UFC 153
- Frankie Edgar Willing To Fight Whenever The UFC Wants Him To
- If Asked, Urijah Faber All For Facing Frankie Edgar
- Joe Lauzon Proves He Asked For Gray Maynard First
- Roger Hollett Back In To Face Matt Hamill At UFC 152
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline