UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo was disappointed he didn't get to compete in his native country of Brazil recently. Aldo, who was scheduled to face Frankie Edgar, was forced out after ongoing injuries due to a motorcycle accident.
However, if "Scarface" has his way, he will still meet Edgar as soon as he is cleared. Aldo appeared on UFC Tonight Tuesday to discuss "The Answer."
"I would really like to fight Frankie Edgar," Aldo said, "and I think all the fans really want to see this fight, too."
Aldo (21-1) has defended his title three times since entering the UFC from the WEC, including a first round knockout victory over Chad Mendes earlier this year. No timetable has been set for his return.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.