UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo was hit by a car over the weekend while riding his motorcycle in Brazil, according to a report by Fighters Only. Aldo is set to face Frankie Edgar in October at UFC 153: Aldo vs. Edgar.
Luis Ramos and Alexandre Baixinho, teammates of Aldo's, took "Scarface" to the gym after the accident. His coach, Andre Pederneiras, informed Aldo that he should stick to riding public transportation until he faces Edgar on October 13 after giving him a complete exam to make sure he was not injured.
Aldo has not competed since a knockout victory over Chad Mendes back in January. That contest also took place in Brazil, the site of UFC 153.
Edgar was recently named as Aldo's opponent after an injury knocked Erik Koch out of the contest.
- Michael Bisping On Possible Light Heavyweight Return
- Report: Frank Mir-Daniel Cormier Set For November 3
- Daniel Cormier Says Tim Sylvia's Name Was Among Those Discussed For Strikeforce Fight
- Jose Aldo Involved In Accident, Escapes With No Serious Injuries
- Renato "Babalu" Sobral Slated For Bellator Debut Next Year
- Bellator Wants More Action From Its Champions Starting In 2013
- Jon Jones Doesn't Care If You Hate Him
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.