Jose Aldo (21-1) is 100 percent healthy and back to full training for his UFC 156 bout with Frankie Edgar (14-3-1). Over the summer, the featherweight champion was set to make his fourth defense when the injury bug struck.
"I've been training at full force for a while now after my trainers and doctors cleared me," Aldo told MMAJunkie.com. "I got back to training right away."
Aldo and Edgar were slated to fight at UFC 153, but the match was scratched after Aldo was involved in a motorcycle accident. He sustained an infection to his foot and angle as a result. Since then, Aldo says that he has made a full recovery.
"I'm great," said Aldo. "Thank God, everything is completely healed. We're just training now."
When the two meet at UFC 156 on February 2, 2013 in Las Vegas, it will be the first time in 13 months Aldo has defended his title. It will be Edgar's featherweight debut after dropping down from lightweight this summer.
- Eddie Yagin Released From Hospital, On The Road To Recovery
- Gray Maynard Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- Greg Jackson Doesn't Believe He Would Have Made A Difference In Carlos Condit-GSP Fight
- Referee Explains Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Decision
- Bristol Marunde: TUF Guy And Superhero
- Rashad Evans: Georges St-Pierre Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- TUF Ratings Drop Following Strong Week
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.