Andre Pederneiras, the coach for UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, confirmed that "Scarface" escaped a car-motorcycle accident in Brazil over the weekend with no serious injuries. Aldo was hit by a car while riding his motorcycle.
"Our only concern is the swollen foot, but there was no fracture," said Pederneiras, in an interview with Tatame.com. "He is gonna rest this week and get back to training next week."
Pederneiras added that Aldo suffered a few scratches in his "knee, leg and butt, but we believe there won't be a problem."
- Luke Rockhold Also Expected For November Strikeforce Card Featuring Daniel Cormier-Frank Mir
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship Fight Announced
- Paul Daley Doesn't Think Ben Askren Is A Great Fighter
- Jon Jones "Felt Like A Piece Of Meat" After Cancellation Of UFC 151 Was Blamed On Him
- Junior Dos Santos Also Involved In Car Accident
- Shane Carwin Doesn't See Roy Nelson As An "Average Guy"
- Swollen Foot Only Major Concern From Jose Aldo's Auto Accident
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.