Jorge Santiago confirmed on Twitter recently that he has signed with Strikeforce, and will be fighting at welterweight. Santiago will meet Quinn Mulhern at Strikeforce: Melendez Vs. Healy on September 29.
"Just signed with (Strikeforce)!" Santiago posted. "Making my first welterweight debut in September 29."
Mulhern (18-2) has won three consecutive fights, including a decision victory over Yuri Villefort earlier this year. His last loss was to Jason High in 2011.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline