A lightweight tilt between Jorge Gurgel and Mizuto Hirota has been added to the prelims for September's Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy event. The card takes place September 29 from Sacramento.
Gurgel-Hirota will be part of the Showtime Extreme-televised prelim card. The main card, which airs on Showtime, features Gilbert Melendez defending his Strikeforce lightweight title against Pat Healy.
Gurgel (14-8) has gone 2-3 in his Strikeforce career, including a 2011 loss to Joe Durate. He has competed in the UFC, but is just 1-3 in his last four.
Hirota (14-5-1) dropped his Strikeforce debut to Healy last month.
- UFC Gearing Up For Japan-Based Series Of Events In 2013
- Jon Jones Asks Rashad Evans If He Is Becoming A "Brother" To Vitor Belfort
- Anderson Silva Admits He Didn't Finish Thales Leites Because "He's A Friend"
- Amanda Nunes-Cat Zingano Added To Strikeforce Event In September
- "Countdown To UFC 152" Debuts September 18
- TUF Vet Josh Ferguson Released From UFC
- Update On King Mo's Knee Injury, Timetable For Return
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.