UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been appointed an honorary race official for this Sunday's Daytona 500, which takes place on FOX beginning at 1 p.m. ET. Jones will be involved in the pre-race meetings, ceremonies and ride in one of the honorary official race cars ahead of the start of the event.
"Jon 'Bones' Jones is the biggest name in mixed martial arts," said Daytona International Speedway president Joie Chitwood III in a press release. "We are excited to welcome him to the 'World Center of Racing' and have him be a part of the pre-race ceremonies for NASCAR's biggest, richest and most prestigious race."
"I am thrilled to be able to serve as Honorary Race Official at this year's Daytona 500," Jones said. "Like the UFC, NASCAR has a passionate and knowledgeable fan base, and I am honored that I will get to share this experience with them."
- Nate Marquardt Back With Zuffa
- "Countdown To UFC 144" Airs Tonight On Fuel TV
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Sanchez Vs. Ellenberger" Medical Suspensions
- Video: Joe Rogan Responds To Rampage's Criticism
- Cruz On Faber: "He's Not Gonna Beat Me, He Doesn't Know How"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.