Jones recently finished up taping for The Ultimate Fighter, which airs beginning in January. He will coach opposite Chael Sonnen, while the two square off later in the year for he title.
For Jones, showing everyone that he is just as good of coach as fighter was the reason behind taking on the job of coach on TUF. The season features middleweights, and airs on Tuesday nights on FX.
"I need to show America that I'm a champion," said Jones, during a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com. "I'm a champion coach. I'm a guy who is not going to be stingy with his success. I'm going to try and motivate others with his success and share his success and ultimately bring up the whole sport of mixed martial arts; whether it's an individual athlete or an ideal or anything. My job is to pay it forward."
Jones added that for 2013, he has hopes of being "the best coach in TUF. I want to completely conquer and leave my mark on this sport."
Since winning the UFC title, Jones has defeated former champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans and Vitor Belfort. He would tie the record for title defenses set by Tito Ortiz with a win over Sonnen.
- Dana White On When Gilbert Melendez May Get A Lightweight Championship Shot
- Alistair Overeem Submits Application For Licensing
- UFC Makes Bobby Green-Jacob Volkmann Official For UFC 156
- Junior Dos Santos Enjoys Being Sponsored By Nike
- Cain Velasquez Looking To Follow In Footsteps Of Juan Manuel Marquez
- Cage Warriors 51 Lineup Changed Due To Injuries
- Daniel Cormier Inks UFC Deal Ahead Of Final Strikeforce Fight
- Michael Kuiper-Buddy Roberts Added To UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.