UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was as excited to face Dan Henderson earlier this year as he was to meet the likes of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans. However, a knee injury kept Henderson from making the scheduled bout.
While Jones is currently filming The Ultimate Fighter in preparation for an April meeting with Chael Sonnen, he hopes that Henderson is someone he tackles down the road.
"I'm not disappointed I didn't get the Dan Henderson fight," said Jones, during a recent fan chat hosted by MetroPCS. "I think that's a fight that's inevitable. Everyone wants to see it."
Despite a little bit of back-and-forth banter, Jones always showed plenty of respect towards Henderson, a champion in several other promotions throughout his career. "Hendo" appears likely to meet Lyoto Machida, with the winner positioning themselves high up the 205-pound rankings in the UFC.
"Dan Henderson is one of the best fighters in MMA history," Jones said. "Hopefully I'll fight Chael, and then defeat Chael, and then defeat Dan Henderson."
- Anthony Johnson Vs. Andrei Arlovski? "Rumble" Is Down For It
- TUF 16 Ratings Climb Back Above One Million
- UFC Announces Partial 2013 Schedule, Four Fox Events
- Firas Zahabi-GSP's Legs Are "More Powerful Than Ever, It's Scary"
- Miesha Tate: Dana White's Changed Perspective Of WMMA Paves The Way For The Future
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.