Jones and Machida fought late in 2011, with "Bones" successfully defending his belt via submission in the second round. Machida, a former UFC 205-pound champion himself, was named the No. 1 contender after defeating Ryan Bader earlier this month.
Well, after seeing the backlash on Twitter revolving around his words, Jones decided to try and explain himself.
"This is a game that I love but its also a JOB," Jones wrote. "Some people just don't understand business and I'm not saying sorry that I do."
In the first meeting, Machida appeared to win the opening round after landing a solid strike. However, Jones went on to cut "The Dragon" with an elbow before finishing him off with a standing guillotine choke.
"I get punched one good time in a fight and people think I'm scared to rematch," Jones wrote, "haha I just can't win with some of you people.. funny."
- Mark Hominick Knows His Career Is On The Line At UFC 154
- Randy Couture On His Son Following In His Footsteps
- Series Of Interesting Messages From Jason "Mayhem" Miller Posted On Twitter
- XFC 20 Finalized With A Main Event Of Eric Reynolds Vs. Danny Salinas
- Dan Henderson Wants To Leave No Doubt By Winning All Five Rounds Or Knocking Jon Jones Out
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Many Fighters
- Tito Ortiz Says He Created UFC Light Heavyweight Division’s Weight Limit
- Video: Highlights From Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Title Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.