Malki Kawa, the manager for UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, appeared on MMAWeekly Radio Tuesday in hopes of clearing up the recent legal troubles that have hit Jones. "Bones" was charged with suspicion of DUI this past weekend after wrecking his car around 5 a.m.
"No one's running from anything, at the end of the day he's a man, he's going to stand up like a man, but there's obviously legal advisors involved, processes involved and he's just going through it right now," Kawa said. "I can promise you that he's trying his hardest not to stay quiet and not address the concerns; he'd like to."
Kawa would not confirm or deny a post made on Facebook that has been credited to Jones. He did say Jones will make a statement to the public when the time is right.
For now, it also appears the planned fight with Dan Henderson for September 1 is still on, as Kawa added, "I don't know if the UFC will do anything about it, and as of right now, Jon hasn't said anything about not fighting on September 1. So, as far as I'm concerned from what I know, the fight still will go forward."
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
- Cesar Gracie Speaks Out On NSAC's Suspension Of Nick Diaz
- Welterweight Hendricks “Would Love To Wait” For GSP
- Carwin "Positive" He Will Be Medically Cleared To Fight
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Paul Taylor Out, Rafael Dos Anjos In To Face Anthony Njokuani At "UFC On FUEL 4"
- Anderson Silva Plans To Remain At Middleweight, Leave 205 To Training Partners
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.