UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones definitely isn't looking past Dan Henderson. Jones, who will defend his belt this September against Henderson at UFC 151: Bones Vs. Hendo, was an interested observer of Monday's conference call for UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera.
The importance of the call to Jones came because the four main fights involve 205-pounders. Former champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will face Brandon Vera, while ex-champ Lyoto Machida takes on Ryan Bader. Jones has defeated all four, but news last week confirmed that his next challenger could come from the group.
"Scratching my head," was Jones' response to news of the Rua-Vera bout becoming a No. 1 contender match.
As always, FightLine will keep you up to date on all your MMA news, and will be providing complete play-by-play coverage of Saturday's event.
- Report: Jon Fitch, Erick Silva Added To UFC 153
- John Dodson Vs. Jussier Da Silva At UFC On FX 5
- UFC Prepping Alexander Gustafsson For Major Fight
- Lyoto Machida Not Concerned With Decision To Make Rua-Vera No. 1 Contender Match
- Patricky Pitbull To Face Eddie Alvarez This October In Bellator
- Ryan Bader Feels Like He Is In The Thick Of Light Heavyweight Title Talk
- Jon Jones Responds To News Of Rua-Vera Becoming No. 1 Contender Match
- High Stakes Added To UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Main Event
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.