And surprise, surprise, the young champion is being cast as the odds-on favorite over the seasoned veteran. The oddsmakers at MMA Oddsbreakers peg Jones as a -565 favorite, with Henderson listed as a +385 underdog.
At just 24-years-old, Jones is on track to become one of MMA's most dominant champions of all time. Just last year, Bones defeated Mauricio "Shogun" Rua to capture the belt, then beat former champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Lyoto Machida to keep it. The unanimous decision over Rashad, also a former champion, was Jones' third straight title defense.
After leaving the UFC to make a 1-3 run in Strikeforce that saw him capture that promotion's title, the Pride FC legend in Henderson took on Shogun in one of the best fights in MMA history. He won that bout via unanimous decision and has been sitting on the sidelines since waiting it out for the title shot.
Nothing has been officially announced regarding their fight, but it's being rumored to take place at UFC 149 on July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Canada.
- Quick Shots: Brock Lesnar Loses WWE Return Match, Arianny Goes Topless (Pic)
- Video: Tim Kennedy Re-Creates "Black Swan"
- "TUF: Brazil" Recap: Team Vitor Improves To 5-0
- It’s Miller Time: Jim Miller Prepares For A Battle At UFC On Fox 3
- Nate Diaz Ready To Cement Himself As Top Lightweight
- Hector Lombard Draws Brian Stann In UFC Debut
- Brendan Schaub Gets Twitter Love From Tebow Despite KO
- Urijah Faber Writes Book: "Laws Of The Ring"
- Video: Fedor Emelianenko On UFC Future, "We'll See"
- Marloes Coenen Calls Out Ronda Rousey
- Dana White Promises Changes On Upcoming Seasons Of The Ultimate Fighter
- "Invicta FC 1" Results: Marloes Coenen Secures Main Event Victory
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.